This means no software for you to install. You can literally be in Tahiti and if you have Internet access, you can update your website...then go back to the beach. Heck! You can update your website from the beach if your wifi signal is strong enough.
Great question! You can do that but it is sometimes best left to the experts. That is all covered in your monthly maintenance and hosting fee. How it works is like this. You are alloted one hour per month and yes, you can "bank" your hours up to four months. Then they go away and they begin to accrue again.
So if you have a big request that may take three to four hours, just save up your hours and it's all covered. No extra fees. Cool, right? We know!
If you can answer yes to the following questions, you're a good content manager.
1) Is the content on your website up to date? Are you sure there's not a single page you haven't looked at in over a year? (For convenience's sake, we'll leave your news and blog articles out of this. Even though ideally you should have a look at those once in a while as well.)
2) Are there no pages with overlapping or contradictory content on your website?
3) Are your texts clear? Are they written with your visitors in mind? Are they really? Did you research that or are you just saying yes because that's what you think?
4) Do you have a list of all pages that were hardly visited over the last 6 months? Did you analyse those pages and try to figure out the reasons why?
5) Do you know the bounce rates of the 100 most popular pages on your website? Have you looked into the pages with unusually high bounce rates and developed alternative pages? And then checked to see if those performed any better?
6) If you've got landing pages, have you checked whether they are really contributing to your website's goal? Have you tried changing them? And then checked again? Can you answer yes to all of these questions?
Congratulations, you are either a great content manager or a fantastic liar.
You can only answer yes to less than 3 questions? Don't sweat it. Your competitors aren't doing any better.
Digital Marketing Review
I need more sales!
I need more traffic!
I need a new website!